Muslim Aid Bangladesh Job Circular 2016
Our Muslim Aid Bangladesh Field Office was set up in 1991 following the devastating cyclones that hit the country in that year. The charity initiated relief and rehabilitation projects for the victims of the tidal surge which swept the South-Eastern coastal belt of Bangladesh, leaving 10,000 dead and causing immeasurable damage to livelihood and property.
Muslim Aid Bangladesh Field Office (MABFO) is now working in almost 64 districts through its core development programmes and special programmes across the country with 1274 dedicated staff members. MABFO has eight major interventions in Bangladesh. The interventions are education, microfinance and SME, emergency response and humanitarian assistance, food security and nutrition, agriculture and livelihood, disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation, community and maternal health, WASH and specialist projects. MABFO’s total beneficiaries, since its beginning, is three million. Muslim Aid Bangladesh plans to support 813,128 people throughout the year in 2012 with its programme interventions.
Currently, Muslim Aid is leading a consortium DeSHARI which stands for Developing and Strengthening Humanitarian Assistance and Risk Reduction Initiatives that brings together five International NGOs with extensive experience in disaster preparedness and response, including Action Contre la Faim, Christian Aid, DanChurch Aid, Muslim Aid and Save the Children. Muslim Aid is an active member of all UN clusters working in Bangladesh and other related departments of Bangladesh Government.
- Coordinate the project acuities in close relation with the Senior Manager – Sustainable Livelihood Programme.
- Ensure technical requirements defined in the contract are properly incorporate in the engineering deliverables.
- Manage and facilitate communication across the engineering function to ensure the project objectives are met.
- Prepare of designs, drawings and cost estimates and bills of quantities.
- Develop and coordinate internal and external design and review.
- Support cost control and forecasting activities in the engineering discipline.
- Monitor the execution of the quality assurance program for conformance to the project requirement.
- Lead technical evaluation and bid evaluation for package units and other costly equipment. Under the supervision of Senior Manager Livelihood programme and collaboration with the logistic department, prepare contracts and documents for works and oversee the execution of those contracts.
- Help maintaining liaison between engineer and construction. Attend bid conference or walk for the major subcontracts on the assigned project.
- Support construction by attending site on a regular basis to ensure effective implementation of plan.
- Prepare construction bid package documents, in collaboration with the project/programme staff, for project construction. This will include initial preparation to final (conformed) contract package.
- Handle the Civil functions e.g. Construction working drawing, Site Management, billing.
- Monitor and control of material quantities, qualities, etc.
- Monitor of quality of workmanship, specifications.
- Assess the progress works and monthly or weekly work schedule.
- Report to concern department regularly, on status of works, progress, etc.
- Prepare material budget and stock report.
- Regularly inspect the work in progress and to manage good work quality.
- Reviews and checking payments of bills submitted by contractors.
- Mobilize work, Hand over and takeover of building.
- Any other job/task that may be assigned by the employer that may be teaching or training to MAIT’s students.
- Possess a board understanding of the major design engineering desciplines, i.e., Piping, Equipment, Process, Civil/Structureal, Instrumentation and Electrical / Mechanical.
- Able to use Auto CAD or equivalent
- Effective leadership skill
- Effective computer skills, Microsoft Office Software, graphics and other Company and discipline specific software application
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Effective analytical and technical problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of standards in place and ethics (i.e. Sphere etc)
As per organization policy.