Practical action, Bangladesh
Practical Action is a UK based international development organisation works for technology justice and wellbeing to reduce poverty. We work through regional and country offices in Latin America, Africa, and Asia to make a difference in the lives of poor people by transforming the technologies from idea to reality. In Bangladesh, focus of our work is around agriculture, extreme poverty, disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, access to markets, water sanitation, waste management and energy. Our distinctive practical approach includes wellbeing, partnership, specialized knowledge services and policy engagement.
Practical Action, Bangladesh Country Office is looking for a Junior Consultant for 6 (six) months under its Consulting wing. The position will be based in Dhaka:
The consulting wing undertakes a wide range of consultancy activities and is always looking for fresh talent. We are particularly looking for junior consultants with knowledge on following thematic areas along with interest of working with development organization: Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction, Water and Energy Access, Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Clean Cook Stoves, Inclusive Markets, Food Security and Agriculture, Knowledge and Communications, Organic Farming, Gender, Livelihood and Governance.
The Junior Consultant is expected to assist in planning and implementing activities and develop reports that show the performance of PAC activities. In addition, s/he have to-
- Assist to proposal development, drafting reports after thematic discussion session and events, draft concept notes for planned activities and develop annual reports including financial reports.
- Take minutes and document final meeting minutes and assist to prepare presentation document prior meeting or other events.
- Follow up the action plan based on the concept notes before the planned PAC activities like trainings, workshops, conferences etc.
- Assist in planning, coordination, reviewing and synthesizing documents of PAC with members. Contribute to collaboration with Practical Action Programme and Practical Answers Staff members in country and abroad
- Oversee design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services of the forum.
- Assist to manage financial and administrative activities, update membership database and coordinate with the service providers to implement any activity.
- Communicate with members to conduct activities with PAC
- Working experience in any development organization will be prioritized. Relevant experience in development programs that focuses in managing multi stakeholders, networking and basic idea about knowledge management
- Enthusiastic about the programme delivery; ability to resolve wide range of issues and ready to learn and work under pressure
- Good report writing skills ; demonstrate organizational skills and able to prioritize work as well as plan and coordinate activities
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, good drafting skills and able to demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Willing to travel in and outside Dhaka for field visits.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relations; team working spirit with people focus.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) as well as Junior Consultant proficiency and basic social networking skills is required.
Language Skills: Oral and written proficiency in English and average communication ability in Bangla.